1) Always make sure to include your name and address at the top left hand corner of the letter.
2) A general cover letter at times can be an advantage, because it shows flexibility in general job openings.
3) Actually, the ‘benefits statement’ is the major reason why the company would want to hire you at all.
4) Each bullet should state your experience plus accomplishment/success as it relates to a key position requirement.
5) Avoid borders, italics, untraditional fonts, and characters, which can be distracting.
6) A cover letter, because it is only a page long, covers only three paragraphs.
7) Most importantly, you have to sound professional in the language style of your cover letter.
8) A well written, carefully typed, error free cover letter will set your resume apart from all the others.
9) Provide one or more names of professional referrals whenever possible.
10) The major emphasis is simply on getting called for an interview!
11) The success of your letter will be directly related to how well you make it.
12) It gets your foot in the door and gives you an opportunity to shine in person.
13) The cover letter also lets you specifically request an interview.
14) Your cover letter can make the difference in getting the interview call.
15) As a guide, paragraphs between one and three sentences are a good idea.
16) Assuming your cover letter is put together well, the potential employer or hiring manager is more likely to read your resume.
17) It is considered unprofessional if you try to scribble, fill in with hand or worse still, lazy.
18) Every cover letter must have a beginning, a middle and an end.
19) There is no time for either recruiters or hiring managers to review every single resume submission, much less every cover letter.
20) Keeping your letter short, sweet and straightforward makes it easy for employers to read through it.
21) Try to get it all on one page by keeping your cover letter concise as possible.
22) The cover letter is a presell for you because you are going to sell yourself once you land the interview.
23) It is not juts a factual document, but a personal brief of your achievements and skill sets.
Apply these coach drivers cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.