1) The subject line is a tricky thing, you have to avoid landing in the junk mail.
2) You don’t want to bore the reader by simply repeating the information you included in your resume.
3) As a guide, paragraphs between one and three sentences are a good idea.
4) Explain broadly how you meet the selection criteria or stated job requirements.
5) Customization is important, as it can help your resume and cover letter stand apart from all of the rest.
6) Even if you have a great sense of humor you do not know if the employer will have one.
7) Remember, the firm isn’t looking for the most impressive candidate overall, but rather the best match for the position.
8) Unless you have a great cover letter, it could be a long cold winter for you.
9) A great cover letter helps move you to the top of the resume stack.
10) For each resume you submit, include a cover letter, whether requested or not.
11) Your name, telephone number and email address go at the top of the cover letter.
12) Avoid pinning, stapling or attaching your photographs to either the cover letter or the resume.
13) Simply stated, employers care about your qualifications and what you can do for the company.
14) Every cover letter must be uniquely tailored to the individual job application with no typing or spelling mistakes.
15) The cover letter is a presell for you because you are going to sell yourself once you land the interview.
16) The challenging part of writing a cover letter is determining what information to include.
17) With the use of a business cover letter attached to it, you will get responses!
18) An effective cover letter is often the deciding factor as to whether you are called in for an interview.
19) Your cover is also the perfect avenue to demonstrate your writing ability, your grammar skills and your determination.
20) A resume cover letter is normally a one page document attached to the resume.
21) Generic cover letters are transparent to the reviewer and normally do not do the required job of introduction.
22) A prospecting letter is another type of cover letter, also called the inquiry letter.
Apply these consultants cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.