1) The process is simply getting noticed enough to have a company go to the next stage.
2) While your knowledge, skills, and abilities are essential, your personality often will be the deciding factor.
3) The specific covering letter addresses the companies needs with your own personal touch.
4) Before printing your cover letter, proof read it for mistakes and omissions.
5) Know the specific person you want to reach and address your letter accordingly.
6) And the worst thing is, to use no cover letter is like showing up naked!
7) You will do yourself a great favor if you come across as more human in your letter.
8) It is used to formally present yourself as available for a job position or range of positions with a company.
9) Make your cover letter specifically for the job you are applying.
10) The success of your letter will be directly related to how well you make it.
11) Chances are, you have less than a minute to make a positive impression on an employer with your covering letter.
12) Writing cover letters is like putting your resume in a tuxedo suit.
13) HR managers put a lot of importance going through cover letters for a job.
14) Cover letters are the personal part of an otherwise impersonal document, the resume.
15) Cookie Cutter style writing will make the hiring managers eyes glaze over and toss your job hopes into the waste basket!
16) Include, if possible, the personal name of the person who will be reading the letter.
17) It should not give the employer the same kind of information as you have in your CV.
18) The subject line is a tricky thing, you have to avoid landing in the junk mail.
19) Always try to be simple but precise and present a professional look and touch to the cover letter.
20) The substance of the cover letter should be straightforward.
21) When marketing yourself as a potential employee, it’s never about you, but how you can help the company grow.
Apply these customer service cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.