1) A prospecting letter is another type of cover letter, also called the inquiry letter.
2) Keep it business like, but let the employer know just a little about your style.
3) The resume is significant, but the cover letter is also significant.
4) Each paragraph must be written using the block style containing about three to four paragraphs.
5) Close your letter by always thanking the employer for his time and consideration, just like in any other business letter.
6) There is NO diplomatic way to ask for an interview in a letter.
7) Passion, creativity and a hard hitting ad is what you’re aiming for in your cover letter.
8) With so many people looking for the same jobs you are looking for, you need to try something new.
9) Your cover letter must address the requirements mentioned in the posting.
10) The resume cover letter is your personal sale copy, and it is an important document used in the job hunting process.
11) You would want to say various things in your cover letter to your future employer.
12) In a way, it’s an initial handshake with the hiring manager.
13) If you don’t have a cover letter, you are basically shooting yourself in the foot.
14) Even if you have a great sense of humor you do not know if the employer will have one.
15) Unless you have a great cover letter, it could be a long cold winter for you.
16) Managers and supervisors have become quite accustomed to recognizing a mass mailed letter or a broadcast letter.
17) It also lets you emphasize the fit between yourself and the position.
18) The success of your letter will be directly related to how well you make it.
19) If your cover letter is poorly written, both your resume and cover letter will get tossed in the bin.
20) It is not advisable to design and write a uniform cover letter and sending it out to all your preferred employers.
21) Never use bright paper to make an impression, instead, use your words to make the sale.
22) Your cover letter should sound like you talking not someone else.
23) The HR person should find a lot of optimism and enthusiasm from you towards the position.