1) Pay attention to both what you say (content) and how you say it (format).
2) Include, if possible, the personal name of the person who will be reading the letter.
3) The right cover letter is like showing up to your interview in a beautiful, perfectly fitted Armani suit.
4) You’ll want to make your letter specific to the job you are applying for and highlight your skills.
5) Your email will be one of many in the inbox of a recruiter or employer.
6) Don’t forget to include your contact information on the cover letter.
7) Gives employer impressions of who you are, what you are about, and what type of character you have within you.
8) To be successful at job hunting you need to know the secrets of writing your own top cover letter.
9) A quick search on the internet will display tons of resume cover letters examples.
10) Once you find great examples, you take the guesswork out of attention grabbing letters.
11) You don’t want to bore the reader by simply repeating the information you included in your resume.
12) Close your letter by always thanking the employer for his time and consideration, just like in any other business letter.
13) With the use of a business cover letter attached to it, you will get responses!
14) The cover letter is a presell for you because you are going to sell yourself once you land the interview.
15) Before printing your cover letter, proof read it for mistakes and omissions.
16) It gets your foot in the door and gives you an opportunity to shine in person.
17) Begin with a strong introduction, layout the benefits you offer, and establish credibility by showcasing your accomplishments.
18) The application letter is a type of cover letter which is made in order to respond to a particular job opening.
19) When you apply for a job, you have one chance and one chance only to capture your prospective employer’s attention.
20) It’s very important to use the appropriate words in your cover letter and resume.
21) A good cover letter should sufficiently arouse the interest of the reader and get him or her to read the resume.
22) When you are through with your cover letter, make sure you properly revise and edit it.
23) Requesting an interview is unnecessary, awkward, and presumptuous.
24) Try a 9×13 envelope so you can mail your cover letter flat and unfolded.
25) The trick is to summarize all the information and pitch in a single page.
26) Avoid pinning, stapling or attaching your photographs to either the cover letter or the resume.
27) A great cover letter helps move you to the top of the resume stack.
28) Be sure to send the cover letter and resume in the format requested in the job posting.
29) Hiring managers and recruiters receive too many resumes to open and read each and every attachment to an email.
Apply these fashion designers cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.