1) It must present you in a positive light and encourage the employer to further assess your resume.
2) Simply put, a resume simply isn’t enough to get you in the door without an amazing cover letter.
3) Using a template is definitely a lot easier and faster than starting from scratch.
4) Think about the times you have received mail with a document inside without any personalized letter of explanation.
5) Quality writing in the cover letter is just as important as with any business communication.
6) Know who you’re writing to, know who you are, and know what you can share.
7) A letter of inquiry is used to ask about jobs within a company where you have interest.
8) A cover should mention something specific about the company and should be specific whenever possible.
9) Your name, telephone number and email address go at the top of the cover letter.
10) You should not write one motivation letter and then use it repeatedly.
11) Find out the contact information from the job opening description or at the website for the company.
12) The easiest and best way to make a great impression is by finding out who will be receiving your application package.
13) Do not just write a cover letter just because you need a job.
14) Cover letters should never be a form of letter but should be original.
15) Don’t try to pass off one of the example cover letters as your own.
16) Never use bright paper to make an impression, instead, use your words to make the sale.
17) Employers will not waste time reading long and unnecessary letters.
18) Using colored paper says you didn’t care enough to make it look professional.
19) It is advisable to get another pair of eyes to check it also if possible.
20) If you mention irrelevancies like hobbies in the cover letter, you can trip yourself up.
21) Bring to the employer’s notice the match between your skills and experiences and the job requirements.