1) Putting together a compelling cover letter will give you a big advantage.
2) The substance of the cover letter should be straightforward.
3) A template will get you started and help you focus on what’s important as often times people go off on tangents.
4) Like the resume itself it is a marketing tool or a sales copy to promote you the job seeker.
5) If you are having difficulties to get started, consider benchmarking a proven cover letter sample.
6) In any job hunt where you are changing careers skillful drafting of the resume cover letter is a must.
7) Your cover is also the perfect avenue to demonstrate your writing ability, your grammar skills and your determination.
8) After reading some letters the recipient is frustrated and there’s no point at reading any more..
9) The formatting of addresses and closings take up a good amount of space.
10) Without any knowledge about the structuring and the necessary information to be included, writing such a letter becomes a problem.
11) Call the company or look it up on the Internet to find the most appropriate place to send your resume.
12) With a high quality motivation letter, your chances at getting an interview will dramatically increase.
13) You need to mention why you want to work for the company you are seeking employment at.
14) It allows you the opportunity to gain some interest from the employer.
15) End your cover letter on a positive note by thanking the recruiter for the time spent in reviewing your application.
16) Make sure contact information is provided in a clear and viable place within the cover letter.
17) Managers and supervisors have become quite accustomed to recognizing a mass mailed letter or a broadcast letter.
18) Quality writing in the cover letter is just as important as with any business communication.
19) Remember, the firm isn’t looking for the most impressive candidate overall, but rather the best match for the position.
20) If the instruction states to submit the documents in Adobe PDF files, do so.
21) An effective cover letter is often the deciding factor as to whether you are called in for an interview.
22) Avoid using a post-it or sticking something to the cover letter.
23) You need a totally unique letter with some razzle dazzle language.
24) Every cover letter must be uniquely tailored to the individual job application with no typing or spelling mistakes.
25) Most selectors or interviewers prefer precise and to the point resumes along with a decent cover letter.
26) A networking cover letter is one which seeks information and assistance for a job.
27) Whether you are applying via email or through snail mail, a properly formatted letter is very important.
28) Your cover letter is meant to entice, and provoke the employer to review your resume in great detail.
29) The success of your letter will be directly related to how well you make it.
30) Add any important situational information relevant to the position (such as willingness to travel or relocate, for example).
31) Sending your resume without a cover letter or sending a generic non specific cover letter.
32) You should be the one to put thought and effort into writing your motivation letter.
33) In the age of email your cover letter should go in the message of the email and not as an attachment.
34) A career change cover letter should immediately catch the attention of the prospective employer.