1) Remember, with the hiring manager, you are dealing with a human being not a machine.
2) A cover letter is not something you give to your parents, friends or boyfriends.
3) Highlight the focus points of your career and make an impressive opening in the letter.
4) More than 8 in 10 recruiters surveyed by the Society for Human resource Executives say cover letters are a requirement.
5) A prospecting cover letter is one which inquires about any available positions.
6) It’s very important to use the appropriate words in your cover letter and resume.
7) Seizing the opportunity to mention other relevant qualities you possess which you have not mentioned in your resume.
8) The resume cover letter is your personal sale copy, and it is an important document used in the job hunting process.
9) You can include phrases from prior performance appraisals, letters of commendation and letters of recommendation.
10) It can be very easy to overlook errors, and spell check is not fool proof.
11) Weave in at least one fact about the company somewhere in your letter.
12) Examples of adverbs are rationally, honestly, quickly, carefully, sincerely,courteously etc.
13) Almost without exception a career change cover letter will accompany your resume.
14) The information should not be different from what is requested in the job advert.
15) You have to start doing and writing your personalized resume cover letter.
16) Company employers are always after the most competent applicants.
17) Know who you’re writing to, know who you are, and know what you can share.
18) A networking cover letter is one which seeks information and assistance for a job.
19) Make sure you clearly highlight why you feel you are a perfect fit for the job at hand.
20) Take a good, hard look at the last cover letter you sent out.
21) Always make sure to include your name and address at the top left hand corner of the letter.
22) Don’t forget to include your contact information on the cover letter.
23) Make sure the employer is aware of what you’re asking him or her to do.
24) Do not include any photos unless the ad is for a job in modeling acting or broadcasting.
Apply these hotel management cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.