1) Email or Snail mail – usually the potential employer will say within the job posting whether email cover letters are okay.
2) After reading some letters the recipient is frustrated and there’s no point at reading any more..
3) For each resume you submit, include a cover letter, whether requested or not.
4) The words you choose should demonstrate enthusiasm for the position, company and industry.
5) Remember, with the hiring manager, you are dealing with a human being not a machine.
6) While writing a prospecting letter, your specifications and requirements for the position should be stated.
7) If it is written professionally, you will be one step closer to success.
8) Hopefully if you are searching for a job, you realize how important a high quality covering letter is.
9) You need something a bit special and magical to stand out from the crowd.
10) A cover letter introduces your resume and spells out your reason for sending the resume.
11) You can include a section of client comments from colleagues in business and volunteer activities.
12) Briefly address all the top three or four qualifications for the job, perhaps in a series of bullets.
13) After you’ve proofed your letter twice, ask a grammar geek friend to look it over too.
14) Add any important situational information relevant to the position (such as willingness to travel or relocate, for example).
15) Make sure contact information is provided in a clear and viable place within the cover letter.
16) Showing your personality and discussing your personal life are two entirely different things.
17) You should include your phone number, your email address and your address.
18) The information in your cover letter can give you an edge in being selected to interview…or not.
19) Cover letters are an essential part of job seeking and a subpar letter can doom your efforts to failure.
20) The resume cover letter should expand on your qualifications relevant to the specific job vacancy.
21) Be sure to include all of your contact information, including your email and fax numbers.
22) The cover letter is the only means through which you can outwit all other applicants.
23) It gets your foot in the door and gives you an opportunity to shine in person.
24) The easiest and best way to make a great impression is by finding out who will be receiving your application package.
25) Your cover letter should be well written and free of errors if you hope to gain an interview.
26) Use bullet points to effectively highlight key areas and break up the text for quick and easy reading.
27) The importance of cover letters and cover letter writing must never be underestimated at any cost.
Apply these IT cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.