1) You should also mention where you saw the listing for the position.
2) It should include the name of the organization you are seeking employment with.
3) A very long cover letter suggests a wandering mind and a wagging tongue.
4) To create the ideal cover letter you must tailor it to the specific job for which you are applying.
5) The cover letter essentially sums up your competencies and skills relevant to the role you are applying for.
6) Tell the prospective employer when you can meet for an interview and never, ever use the word ‘if’.
7) Close your letter by always thanking the employer for his time and consideration, just like in any other business letter.
8) Only you truly know yourself and all your experiences, qualifications, strengths and weaknesses.
9) Be original by avoiding mailing the same cover letter to different employers.
10) Once you find great examples, you take the guesswork out of attention grabbing letters.
11) Employment professionals will respond negatively if you are trying to boast and brag in the cover letter.
12) Make sure the employer is aware of what you’re asking him or her to do.
13) Point out specialized skills, training and achievements which relate to the job for which you are applying.
14) The major emphasis is simply on getting called for an interview!
15) A cover letter adds your personal touch to the resume and enables you to highlight your qualifications and your abilities.
16) Sit down and write the things you like the most about the specific company.
17) When you communicate an interest and passion for your work, people notice.
18) You must personalize your letter completely for the company and the job you’re seeking.
19) Sell yourself – Give the employer reasons as to why you are an asset to his or her company.
20) The formatting of addresses and closings take up a good amount of space.
21) A good cover letter reflects your personality, attention to detail, communication skills, enthusiasm, and intellect.
22) Find out a little something about the company and see if you can slip it in.
23) Your cover letter is your only chance to sell yourself for the opportunity to be interviewed.
24) The trick is to summarize all the information and pitch in a single page.
25) An effective cover letter is the most important document for a job seeker.
26) Writing a cover letter tailored to a specific position requires a great deal of effort, but will yield great results.
Apply these janitorial cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.