1) It advances you to the next round or eliminates you from the competition at the very start.
2) A good resume cover letter acts as an introduction to the resume.
3) Many people just scribble a few lines as a cover letter to the application for a job.
4) Including too much detail will bore the reader so make sure not to go too in depth.
5) Too many cover letters contain a laundry list of the writer’s entire career.
6) Be concise and to the point as the resume cover letter is not the time to write your life story.
7) Your cover letter must be kept simple but packed with relevant information relating to the position.
8) Also make sure to double check your letter for any punctuation, spelling or grammar errors.
9) You can indicate times at which you are free and you should try to be as flexible as possible.
10) Don’t try to pass off one of the example cover letters as your own.
11) Be original – You want to make sure your cover letter is original with each different employer.
12) Some cover letter templates do not show the use of bullets within the cover letter.
13) It’s an opportunity to presell your skills and qualifications showing how you are the right person for the job.
14) Avoid using a post-it or sticking something to the cover letter.
15) Assuming your cover letter is put together well, the potential employer or hiring manager is more likely to read your resume.
16) Every job applicant you’re competing against submits the same two docs – a resume and a cover letter.
17) The cover letter is meant to compliment your resume and not simply restate what is already written in your resume.
18) Do the research and find out who the appropriate contact is for the cover letter.
19) Write a short self introduction then briefly state your purpose and express your interest in the job opening.
20) The cover letter also lets you specifically request an interview.
21) It’s very important to use the appropriate words in your cover letter and resume.
22) Sending your resume without a cover letter or sending a generic non specific cover letter.
Apply these landscape gardeners cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.