1) A strong cover letter does the job of selling you to the prospective employer.
2) State the purpose of the letter immediately after your greeting.
3) Be creative when presenting your qualifications and accomplishments.
4) The last paragraph will have to deal with your request for an interview and your expression of thanks to the employer.
5) If the instruction states to submit the documents in Adobe PDF files, do so.
6) The truth is most software programs do not generate professional cover letters.
7) If you mention irrelevancies like hobbies in the cover letter, you can trip yourself up.
8) Without a high quality covering letter, your chances of getting an interview go way down!
9) Sending a letter filled with misspellings and poor grammar would be unprofessional.
10) Keep it business like, but let the employer know just a little about your style.
11) The length of a job application cover letter needs to be just right!
12) HR managers put a lot of importance going through cover letters for a job.
13) Be very particular too with the errors usually committed in grammar and punctuation.
14) Include a date on every cover letter you write and sign it in only blue or black ink.
15) Cold letters are often ignored, binned or filed in the back of the cabinet and forgotten.
16) Every cover letter must have a beginning, a middle and an end.
17) If possible, research who is reviewing the resumes and making the hiring decision for the job you want.
18) The HR person should find a lot of optimism and enthusiasm from you towards the position.
19) Company employers are always after the most competent applicants.
20) Never send a cover letter with typos, punctuation, spelling and grammar mistakes.
21) Examples of adverbs are rationally, honestly, quickly, carefully, sincerely,courteously etc.
22) Use bullet points to effectively highlight key areas and break up the text for quick and easy reading.
23) If you have done the research, have identified the decision maker, then you are on the right track.
24) Create your cover letter just as carefully as your resume and then sit back and expect the interview call!
25) Far too many people just submit boring resumes to employers without including a covering letter.
26) If you already have a cover letter developed, you need to rethink it for every job application.
27) Pay close attention to how often you start sentences with ‘I’.
Apply these law enforcement cover letter tips and gain an advantage over your competition.