1) One cannot speak about cover letters without emphasizing the need to use the spell and grammar check.
2) Simply put, a resume simply isn’t enough to get you in the door without an amazing cover letter.
3) Always remember to use good quality paper for a cover letter.
4) The information should not be different from what is requested in the job advert.
5) You want your letter to be THE best letter in the entire stack of job applications.
6) Use action words to pull the reader in and/or mention a personal contact within the organization.
7) The cover letter introduces you and highlights your job qualifications.
8) Writing a good cover letter is critical to getting an interview and landing a job.
9) The right cover letter is like showing up to your interview in a beautiful, perfectly fitted Armani suit.
10) It comes down to using power words and keywords for the job.
11) Take a good, hard look at the last cover letter you sent out.
12) A friend may spot ambiguities in your language and suggest points to add or cut.
13) You need to have a cover letter which introduces not just you but also your resume.
14) Many employers do not even bother with your resume and application if your letter does not sell you.
15) Mention names if you know someone within the company for which you are applying.
16) Resume cover letters should discuss how you can help the employer, not about why you need the job.
17) Always make sure to grammar and spell check twice, as any deficiencies or mistakes could result in a quick rejection.
18) Each paragraph must be written using the block style containing about three to four paragraphs.
19) Do not underestimate the importance of an outstanding cover letter.
20) In business, content is only half the picture, the format and presentation is also critical.
21) Like all ads you read, there must be an attention grabbing headline filled with passion.
22) Always make sure to give every piece of your contact information and what the best times are to reach you.
23) Hiring managers and recruiters receive too many resumes to open and read each and every attachment to an email.
24) To find out the name of the hiring manager, you can try calling the company and asking for the person’s name.
25) Marketing yourself during a job search is virtually the same as a company marketing any product or service.
26) There will be many cover letters which an organization will receive in answer to an advertisement.
27) Good cover letters can be, and often are, the difference between getting an interview and getting nowhere at all.
28) A career change cover letter should immediately catch the attention of the prospective employer.
29) It’s good practice to use bulleted lists of abilities and skill areas.
30) You should not go step by step through your professional and educational experiences and list what you did.