Sample Accounting Resume – There are some professions in which only a chronological resume should be used when applying for a job.
The accounting profession is just such an instance.
Help Writing an Accounting Resume
An accounting resume should only use the chronological resume format. This format allows the job seeker to focus on education and experience, both of which are important in the accounting field.
The other most common resume format, the functional resume format does have advantages as well; however it should only be used in certain circumstances:·
- When changing careers
- When you have frequent periods of unemployment
- When you change jobs frequently
The sample accounting resume below demonstrates the best advantages of the chronological resume format.
1436 Timmons Boulevard
Little Rock, AR 77550
Seeking a position utilizing strong work ethics and accounting proficiency.
- Arkansas State University; Little Rock, AR
- B.S.in Accounting and Business Administration
- Dean’s List
- Women in Business Scholarship
- Treasurer, Accounting Association Volunteer
- Income Tax Assistance Program
Will take the CPA exam in May 2007
Riley & Burnett 2005-Present
- Reconcile, balance and resolve items in a timely manner
- Ensure client satisfaction through relationship development
- Process reports accurately and timely
- Review and adjust general ledgers
- Prepare sales and quarterly taxreports
- Community Savings Bank 2003-2005
Little Rock, AR
- Process loan and deposit transactions
- Accurately balance cash drawer on a daily basis
- Provide excellent customer service
Experience in Lotus, Excel, Quickbooks, Quicken and AWD
Accounting Resume Tips
The chronological resume format allows the job seeker to clearly focus on a combination of education and relevant work experience.
Using a chronological accounting resume also provides the opportunity to list other relevant information> such as activities, professional development and honors.