A curriculum vitae resume format, often referred to as a CV, is appropriate when you have publication credit.
Otherwise, a chronological resume format should be used, as is the case in the sample architect resume below.
The chronological resume format allows the job seeker to focus on professional experience and education.
The sample architects resume below clearly demonstrates the key components of the chronological resume format.
This resume format also allows for additional areas such as a summary of expertise and notable accomplishments.
Architecture Resume Samples
2727 Redbud Lane
Arlington, VA 55555
To attain a senior architect position
Summary of Expertise
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Architectural Design and Planning
- University Lecturer
- Designed 2000 addition to Marley College
- Visiting Assistant of Architecture at University of Virginia, 2003-04
Bowen Associates Arlington, VA
Architect, 1997 to Present
- Complete project management
- Projects include commercial and residential work.
- Experienced in heading large projects and presentations
Murray,Inc. Arlington, VA
- Projects include various commercial and office projects
University of Virginia
- M.A., Architecture, 1990
- Emphasis: Commercial
- B.A., Architecture, 1986
Architect Resume Tips
The addition of specialized information relevant to the architect resume clearly demonstrate the job seeker’s expertise.