A bank teller resume should always focus on a combination of experience and education, which the chronological resume format allows the job applicant to do.
Only under certain circumstances should the functional resume format be used:
- Career change
- Re-entering the workforce after a time gap
- When the applicant has been in the same or similar position for a long period of time
The following sample bank teller resume clearly demonstrates the advantages of a chronological resume.
The chronological resume format also includes important contact information and a clear objective.
The applicant may also include a summary of skills to draw attention to their best features.
The chronological bank teller resume also provides an opportunity to focus on Community Activities; which can be a strong selling point when applying for a bank teller position.
Bank Teller Resume Sample
2367 Hawthorne Avenue, #217A · Prescott, AZ 55555
Telephone:1-555-555-1212 Home ·Email: email@example.com
SEEKING BANK TELLER POSITION
- Over five years experience as a teller
- Proficient in accounting software
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient with10-key
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent leadership skills
- Fast & accurate data entry
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts
Major-Business-University of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ (2000)
MS Word, Lotus, Excel, Publisher
FIRST NATIONAL BANK, Prescott, AZ 12/2004-5/2006
- Provide excellent customer service by answering or referring financial questions to correct supervisory staff.
- Process customer deposits.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer.
- Process monetary transactions.
COMMUNITY STATE BANK, Phoenix, AZ 7/2000-12/2004
- Trained new tellers on banking system.
- Recognized for increasing sales of additional services by 15%.
- Handled vault, safe-deposit, ATM and night-drop activities.
- Assisted customers with opening new accounts.
- Member of the Prescott Chamber of Commerce
- Red Cross Volunteer
- Prescott Big Brother BigSister Program
Bank Teller Skills
To apply for the postion of teller within a bank it is not essential for you to have previous teller experience.
Experience in administrative or accounting positions provides a good grounding for banking jobs.