While education/training/certification is required for professional entry into this career field, skills are also extremely important.
Both the functional resume and combination resume format allows you to focus on those critical skills.
The following beautician resume is based on the combination resume and clearly demonstrates the above principles.
A combination resume format, as used in the example beautician resume below, clearly demonstrates the job seeker’s skills as well as professional experience.
The education section in this example of a combination resume was listed close to the beginning of the resume to highlight the job seeker’s certification.
Resume Samples For Beauticians
3590 Roundabout Way
Chicago, IL 55555
To secure a position as an assistant beautician.
- 2 years training and experience in hairstyling
- Work well in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic learner
- Unisex hair cutting and styling
- Manicure, pedicure and facial
- Perm winding and chemical application
- Shampoo, blow dry and curling iron
- Roller, set and comb-out
- Five Stars Beauty College
- September 2005 to May 2006
- Licensed beautician with the Illinois Cosmetology Commission
Tip Top Salon
- Cut, trim and shape hair based on instructions from customers
- Analyze customers’ hair and features to suggest hair styles
- Schedule client appointments
- Demonstrate and sell hair care products
Beautician Resume Tips
This type of combination resume is very easy to read.
That makes it very easy for the prospective employer to quickly find the information he or she needs to make a hiring decision.