In the event the applicant is changing careers or has little experience a combination resume format might be better.
The bus driver resume example below is based on a chronological resume format.
Note the applicant has included relevant training information under Education.
The applicant in the bus driver resume template below has clearly noted that he is interested in a municipal bus driver position rather than a cross country driving position.
Note he has also specified his licensure, an important requirement in this industry.
There are similarities between this resume and the corporate chauffeurs resume… take a look, it may help.
Resume Sample For a Bus Driver
3901 Palm Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
To obtain a municipal bus driver position.
City Santa Rosa Transportation Dept – 2002 to Present
Bus Driver, Santa Rosa, CA
- Drove bus to transport passengers over specified routes to local points
- Complied with local traffic regulations
- Inspected bus and checked gas, oil and water before departure
USA Travel Company – 1998 to 2002
Bus Driver – Sacramento, CA
- Drove bus to transport passengers over specified routes to local and distant points according to time schedule
- Assisted passengers with baggage
- Collected tickets and cash fares
- Regulated heating, lighting and ventilating systems for passenger comfort
- Reported delays and accidents
- Made repairs and changed tires
Golden Gate Driving School – Intensive 8 week commercial driving school
Bus Driver Resume Tips
Applicants applying for a bus driver position may also wish to include other relevant information such as safety information.