The chronological resume format allows you to clearly do that.
Only under limited circumstances should any other resume format be used.
- Frequently unemployed
- When changing career fields
- Significant number of jobs
In the sample chef resume below, the benefits of using a chronological resume format are clearly laid out.
Take a gander at any functional resume focusing on skills.
More resumes illustrating the principles involved can be found on the home page.
Resume Samples For Chefs
3920 Greenbud Estate, Los Angeles, CA 55555
Telephone:1-555-555-1212 Home · Email: PaulMcK@somedomain.com
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- 20+ years professional experience as a chef in international and Italian cuisines.
- Experienced in culinary design and presentation.
- Skills include special menu creation, food cost analysis, budgeting, inventory control and purchasing.
Bell Towers., Los Angeles, CA 2004 to Present
- Responsible for all kitchen operations including buffets, banquets, room service and the restaurant
- Handled inventory, budgeting, staffing and food cost analysis
- Successfully created new restaurant menu
Sweet Basil, Los Angeles, Ca 2001 to 2004
- Created new recipes and updated existing menu to reflect more consistent quality service
- Responsible for ordering and inventory
- Trained new line cooks
Bon Appetit, Los Angeles, CA 1999 to 2001
- Responsible for all aspects of the kitchen including management of twenty-five employees.
- Developed new dinner and lunch menus
- Handled special event catering
- Maintained food cost analysis, inventory, budgeting and purchasing
Mama Mia’s Italian Restaurant, Los Angeles, CA 1996 to 1999
- Responsible for cooking on the line
- Handled pasta station
The Elegante, Los Angeles, Ca 1991 to 1996
- Cooked on the line
The Culinary Institute of America
Several five star reviews
Chef Resume Tips
A chronological chefs resume format gives you the ability to focus on key accomplishments.