Toward this end, either the functional resume format or a chronological resume format will work well.
The functional resume focuses on skills and the chronological resume format highlights experience.
The functional resume format is preferable when the applicant has changed jobs frequently or is changing career fields.
When the applicant also contains a strong education and possesses a solid work history, the chronological resume format should be used. The latter is stressed in the sample construction resume below.
The following sample construction resume also allows sufficient areas for additional information which may be beneficial when applying for a position in the construction field.
The applicant may wish to mention relevant computer skills or language skills, if the applicant is fluent in more than one language.
Remember that the traditional functional resume format should only be used under certain circumstances:·
Resume Sample For Construction Jobs
3900 West Isle
Santa Monica, CA 55555
To obtain a challenging position in residential construction company
Santa Monica Construction – Santa Monica, CA; January 2004 to Present
- Prepared budgets and cost breakouts for approval process
- Coordinated field activities
- Prepared daily construction logs
- Worked with general contractor to estimate projects
- Supervised crews of up to 30 drywall hangers, master carpenters and general labor
Dennison Construction Group – Santa Monica, CA; 2001 to 2003
- Supervised site work for build outs with a typical square footage of 3,000 square feet
- Met inspectors on site to keep process ongoing
- Prepared budget and cost breakouts for approval process
- Supervised general labor
Trinity University; Santa Monica, CA
- B.S. Engineering
- Auto CAD
- MS Office Suite
- Native English
- Spanish – Fluent
Construction Resume Tips
As with all chronological resumes, the construction resume should start with a strong objective statement.
In this sample, the job applicant specifies that he is interested in a position in a residential construction company.