A highlights of qualifications summary has been used to draw the prospective employer’s eye to the applicant’s best skills.
Whenever possible format training should always be mentioned.
It is also beneficial to list other special skills the applicant may have, such as fluency in foreign languages.
The job applicant should also mention the status of their current passport, particularly if they plan to obtain work traveling in international waters.
The sample cruise job resume below, clearly demonstrates all of these requirements.
Resume Sample For Cruise Jobs
To obtain a position as Assistant Purser with the opportunity to apply formal training and experience received in this field.
- Excellent administrative, report writing and communication skills.
- Pleasant cheerful disposition.
- Proven ability to work under pressure for extended periods.
- Meet critical deadlines in a calm manner.
- Strong, self motivated characteristics and a good teamwork.
Assistant Purser on the SS Celebration
February, 2004 to October, 2004
- Responsible for All Front Desk Operations
- Completed port papers
- Screened passports and visas
Assistant Purser on SS Holiday
October, 2004 to February, 2005
- Planned and conducted games, tournaments and parties for passengers’ enjoyment.
Assistant Purser on the SS Funship
April, 2005 to November, 2005
- Assisted passengers in preparing declarations for customs.
- Supervised stowage, care and removal of hold baggage.
- Arranged for travel and scenic tours at ports of call.
- Cruise Career Training Oahu, HI
- Purser Specialist Course
Fluent in Spanish
Current passport valid until 2008
Find how you can… Get paid (tax-free) to travel to exotic places that few people ever get to see. Visit the Caribbean, Bahamas, America, Australia, Europe, Hawaii, Alaska, Africa, Canada, the Far East, the Pacific, the Mediterranean – even the Arctic!
Cruise Job Resume Tips
When preparing a cruise job resume it is important to focus on experience and formal training.