When applying to work in the education field on the college level; however, you need a different approach. The curriculum vitae, or CV resume format is the best option for an education resume.
This resume format focuses on four separate categories:·
- Academic Positions
- College Courses Taught
The following sample education resume is based on the CV format and clearly demonstrates the above principles.
The CV education resume also gives the job seeker the opportunity to highlight other important information such as community interests, awards and honors if they wish.
Resume Sample For Education Jobs
Marian Harris, Ph. D.
3651 Leander Circle
Springfield, MO 55550
- B.A., History, University of Missouri
- M.A., History, University of Missouri
- Ph.D., History, University of Missouri
- Instructor, part-time, History, University of Missouri -1994-1998
- Lecturer, History, University of Missouri -1998-99
- Assistant Professor, History, University of Missouri -1999-Present
College Courses Taught
- Western Civilization I & II
- Medieval History
- World History (Ancient, Early Modern, Modern)
- Ancient Civilizations
- Roman History
- “The Battle of the Bulge,” History Today, vol. 12 (2000)
- “The Fall of Rome,” Ancient Civilizations, vol. 52 (2001)
- “Why They Couldn’t Win,” Military History Forums, vol. 6(2001)
- “The Loves of Queen Elizabeth I,” British History, vol. 12 (2002)
- “Immigrants of the Sea,” Coming to America, no. 58 (2002)
- “The King’s Great Matter,” British History, vol. 13(2003)
Selected Grant-Supported Projects
- Professional Development Grant, U of Arkansas (2003)
Education Resume Tips
Like all resumes, the curriculum vitae resume includes contact information and work experience.
It differs from other formats by clearly focusing on key accomplishments such as publications.