This is the best resume format to use when applying for work as an electrician because it allows the job seeker to clearly cover these areas.
Several critical areas must be presented in an electrician resume.
These areas include:
Whenever possible the job applicant should mention whether they specialize in a particular type of electrical work, such as commercial, residential or industrial.
This will help the prospective employer clearly identify the special skill sets of the job applicant.
Resume Sample For Electricians
4522 Roundabout Way
Reliable electrician able to work without supervision looking for a journeyman electrician position — commercial / residential.
AAA Electrical Chicago, IL – 1996 – 2006
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of AC andDC motors.
- Perform commercial and residential wiring and mechanical repair.
- Troubleshoot broad range of electrical equipment and operations.
Berkman Contractors – Chicago, IL – 1993 – 1996
- Install and maintain electrical and mechanical appliances.
- Read and interpret blueprints for installation procedures
- Test equipment and correct problems of electronic units and systems.
- Chicago Community College Associate of Arts
- Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship Certification
- Local 930 Union Member
- Electrical systems, equipment and fixtures
- Electrical equipment, repair and maintenance
- Construction labor, heating and cooling
- Low voltage, single and multi-line wiring
- National Electric Code Provisions
- Blueprint reading
- Occupation Hazard and Safety Precautions
- Interior and Exterior wiring
Electricians Resume Tips
It can also be beneficial to mention any awards, particularly those related to safety in a resume.
This demonstrates the job applicant’s dedication to safe practices as in the sample electrician resume above.