This format allows a strong focus on work experience and education, unlike the functional resume format, which is better suited when the job applicant needs to focus on skills.
There are a few limited situations in which an individual might wish to use a functional resume when applying for an elementary teaching position:·
- When there have been frequent periods of unemployment
- When the applicant is changing careers
- When the applicant has frequently changed jobs
The chronological elementary teaching resume provides a strong objective combined with contact information and a focus on experience and education.
The following sample elementary teaching resume is based on the chronological resume and clearly demonstrates the above principles.
Resume Sample For Elementary Teaching
1815 Spruce Avenue
Boulder, CO 55550
Seeking Elementary Teaching Position
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education – University of Colorado
- Colorado Elementary Certificate
Ford Elementary School, Boulder, CO 9/2004-5/2006
Currently 1st grade
- Presently teaching 26 first graders with varying ethnic backgrounds and abilities.
- Able to successfully make connections to student needs and experiences.
- Assume all responsibilities of classroom teacher
- Collaborate with students and parents
- Attend staff meetings
- Attend monthly in services
- Design lesson plans and curriculum
- Supervise play yard
- Assisted students with marked test score improvement in Reading
Pew Elementary School, Denver, CO 9/2001-5/2004
- Educated 4th grade students in social studies and language
- Coordinated lessons for special needs students
- Implemented thematic units for broader understanding of subject matter
- Designed a class webpage
- Coordinated field trips
- Involved students in community activities, including fundraisers
- Supervised amateur talent show
Dunbar Elementary School, Denver, CO Spring, 2001
- Educated 3rd grade students during Student Teacher
- National Elementary Educators Association
Elementary Teaching Resume Tips
With this type of resume format, an elementary teacher can also include other relevant information.
You can include things such as affiliations, professional development, activities and community involvement.