The fashion designer resume should focus on:
A combination resume works well for this type of resume. The fashion designer resume template below is based on a combination resume format.
All freelance work is grouped together in the sample fashion designer resume above.
This resume format also allows for notable accomplishments.
Resume Sample For Fashion Designers
2906 East 57th
New York, NY 55555
To obtain a position in the fashion design industry.
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Sketching, drawing, painting
- Sewing, pattern making, draping
Training / Education
- Institute of Fashion Design
- Pattern Making
- Garment Construction
- Textile Science
- Production and Planning
- Merchandise Management
- Visual Merchandiser for Chic Styles – 2004 – Present
- Freelance Designer, 2001 – Present Bridal gowns for 3 weddings
- Women’s Wear for Totally Classy
- Women’s Wear for Designer Chic
- Designer for Primz Boutique
- Assistant Designer to Sarah Jacobs – 2001-2002
- Designed fashion modeled at Spring Fashion Show for the Rochelle Collection
- Won award for design and construction of chic swimwear for young adults by the New York Swimwear Academy, 2003
- Gained highly commended for design of bridal gowns for mature women
Fashion Designer Resume Tips
Note in the above fashion designer resume, skills along with training and education are listed before work experience.
Work experience is categorized according to the type of experience.