A chronological resume format works well for this purpose.
This type of resume format is used in the sample fireman’s resume below. As you can see the applicant elected not to utilize an objective statement.
While many resumes do allow for an objective statement this is only necessary in a firefighters resume if you are applying for a specialized or senior position.
While the applicant in this sample firefighters resume held other positions, this work experience is listed under relevant professional experience in a separate category. This reveals the applicant’s strong history while focusing on relevant experience first.
Resume Sample For Firefighters
3906 East Maple Lane
Apt. # 26B
Littleton, CO 55555
City of Logan – FireDepartmanet, Logan, CO – 2001 to Present Firefighter I
Responsible for fire suppression in structural environment as well as wild land environments.
- Administer emergency medical services in emergency conditions.
- Responsible for vehicle and station maintenance.
- Handle public education on fire prevention.
- Littleton Volunteer Fire Department, Littleton, CO – 1999 to 2000Firefighter-Probationary
- Provide fire suppression and emergency medical services in a probationary capacity.
Stat Life Ambulance Service, Littleton, CO – 1999 to 2000
- Provide emergency medical services.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance.
Stat Life Ambulance Service, Littleton, CO – 1998 to 1999Part-time Dispatcher
Acknowledge calls and dispatch appropriate assignments
Other Work Experience
- Wendy’s Cashier 1998 to 1999
- Bob’s Sporting Goods Cashier 1996 to 1998
- Yum-Yum Snacks Route Driver 1994 to 1996
Education and Certifications
- EMT Defib certified
- Colorado State Basic Firefighter Certification
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Firefighter training
- Ladder Company Operations
- Mask Confidence Training
- Firefighter Survival
- Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations
- Rescue Technician – Basic
- Accident Victim Extrication
- Wildland Fire Suppression
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course
- Red Cross Certified CPR -(exp. 6/08)
- Red Cross Certified First Aid -(exp.6/08)
- EMT- D(State of Colorado-exp. 6/31/08)
- Class B Driver’s License
Firefighters Resume Tips
The job applicant in the sample firefighters resume provided has noted all pertinent certifications and trainings attended.