Entry level candidates may find a functional resume format works better to highlight skills and experience.
Managerial and supervisory candidates will find a chronological resume format better.
A chronological resume format is used in the sample food service resume below.
Please note the above sample food service resume begins with a strong objective statement, narrowing the candidate’s field of interests.
Although this is a chronological resume, education could be listed either before or after experience to highlight this as a strong point in the candidate’s favor.
Resume Sample For Food Service
Mary Jane Cowgill
2300 North Utopia Lane
Smithtown, KY 55555
Food Service Supervisor position in an academic or healthcare setting.
Mercy Hospital – 2003 to Present
Food Service Supervisor, Smithtown, KY
- Supervised employees engaged in serving food and in maintaining the cleanliness of food service areas and equipment.
- Trained workers in the performance of duties.
- Assigned and coordinated work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
- Supervised the serving of meals.
- Trained and managed employees and achieve significant improvements in their productivity.
Thomas Jefferson College – 2001 to 2003
Food Service Supervisor, Louisville, KY
- Inspected kitchen and dining areas, kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards were met.
- Kept records, such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees.
- Requisitioned and inspected foodstuffs, supplies and equipment in order to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality were met.
- Supervised 17 employees, scheduled work hours, resolved conflicts, determined salaries.
- Prepared work schedules and evaluated work performance of employees.
- University of Kentucky
- Bachelor’s Degree: Food Science and Nutrition
- Food Service Sanitation Course Certificate, State of Kentucky, Dept. of Public Health, May 2006
- Serv Safe Program, HACCP Course Certificate
Food Service Resume Tips
Highlights of qualifications as well as notable accomplishments could also be added to this resume.
The candidate in this food service resume template has also listed her certifications, which can be an added advantage in this industry.