These areas are:
- Professional experience
The chronological resume works well for this purpose and is the format used in the funeral directors resume below.
Note responsibilities that most closely related to the position desired are listed first.
If the applicant so wished, they could also add additional information to this resume format such as memberships, associations and community involvement.
All of these areas would be considered assets when applying for a position as a funeral director.
Resume Sample For Funeral Directors
4316 South Redditt
Dallas, TX 55555
Funeral Director position with a funeral home dedicated to customer service.
Merritt and Sons Funeral Home, Dallas,TX
Funeral Director – June5, 2003 to Present
- Arranged and directed funeral services.
- Coordinated activities of workers to remove body to mortuary for embalming.
- Interviewed family to arrange details such as preparation of obituary notice, selection of urn or casket.
- Determination of location and time of cremation or burial, selection of official for religious rites and transportation for mourners.
- Planned placement of casket in parlor or chapel and adjusted lights, fixtures and floral displays.
Directed placement and removal of casket from hearse.
- Closed casket and lead funeral cortege to church orburial site.
- Directed preparations and shipment of body forout-of-state burial.
- Prepared body for interment.
- Dallas Mortuary School Dallas, TX
- Licensed by the State of Texas
Funeral Director Resume Tips
Please note the sample funeral director resume also contains information regarding the licensure of the job candidate.