When applying for a graphic designer position it is important to focus on:
A chronological resume format handles this nicely. The graphic designer resume example below is based on a chronological resume format.
A functional resume format should only be used if the applicant is switching careers or has held a large number of jobs in the recent past. If the applicant is self-employed or works as a freelancer a functional resume format would work well.
The following sample graphic designer resume provides everything a prospective employer would need to make a decision regarding an interview. This resume format allows for a strong objective statement along with experience and education.
Resume Sample For Graphic Designers
2900 East Maple
Topeka, KS 55555
Graphic designer position where I can offer my skills and experience
Software and Equipment
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Quark XPress Adobe
- Page Maker
- Adobe PageMill
- Adobe Premiere
- 3D Studio Max
Johnson & Associates – Topeka, KS
Graphic Designer, 2003 to Present
- Designed promotional materials for Renaissance Hotel & Suites
- Designed newsletter for Greater Topeka Area Humane Society
- Designed logo for Winston and Sons.
- Upgraded all promotional pieces for Topeka Area Resorts
Jordan Graphics – Topeka, KS
Graphic Designer, 1999 to 2003
- Responsible for design and layout of all corporate accounts.
- Created layout design for flyers, CD covers and other printed materials.
- Prepared detail artwork from written or verbal instructions.
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Kansas Art Institute – Topeka, KS
- M.A. Graphic Design
Graphic Designer Resume Tips
The applicant could also list information regarding any accomplishments and honors if they so wished.