When applying for a graphic designer position it is important to focus on:
A chronological resume format handles this nicely. The graphic designer resume example below is based on a chronological resume format.
A functional resume format should only be used if the applicant is switching careers or has held a large number of jobs in the recent past. If the applicant is self-employed or works as a freelancer a functional resume format would work well.
The following sample graphic designer resume provides everything a prospective employer would need to make a decision regarding an interview. This resume format allows for a strong objective statement along with experience and education.
Resume Sample For Graphic Designers
2900 East Maple
Topeka, KS 55555
Graphic designer position where I can offer my skills and experience
Software and Equipment
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Quark XPress Adobe
- Page Maker
- Adobe PageMill
- Adobe Premiere
- 3D Studio Max
Johnson & Associates – Topeka, KS
Graphic Designer, 2003 to Present
- Designed promotional materials for Renaissance Hotel & Suites
- Designed newsletter for Greater Topeka Area Humane Society
- Designed logo for Winston and Sons.
- Upgraded all promotional pieces for Topeka Area Resorts
Jordan Graphics – Topeka, KS
Graphic Designer, 1999 to 2003
- Responsible for design and layout of all corporate accounts.
- Created layout design for flyers, CD covers and other printed materials.
- Prepared detail artwork from written or verbal instructions.
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Kansas Art Institute – Topeka, KS
- M.A. Graphic Design
Graphic Designer Resume Tips
The applicant could also list information regarding any accomplishments and honors if they so wished.
Graphic design awards that have been won by the applicant would make an excellent addition.