In many ways, the following resume format combines several features from both formats.
This format provides the following advantages:·
- Strong focus on work experience
- Highlight volunteer work
- Opportunity to focus on school organizations
- Highlight education and academics
Because high school students haven’t had the opportunity to gain any significant amount of formal career history, they have to rely on work experience gained while doing part-time and vacation jobs.
The references to your attitude towards work and your good character are valuable things to include in your resume.
Resume Sample For High School Students
12675 Redwood Lane, Houston, TX 55555
Reliable and mature high school junior seeking a part-time retail position.
Reynolds, Taylor & Hamilton – Summer 2005
- Delivery of documents
- Answer telephone and take messages
- Mail sorting and delivery
Showtime Video Outlet – Summer 2004
- Customer service
- Ring up transactions, make change
- Tidy shelves
Thomas Jefferson Junior High School Mentoring Program
- Monitor youth during activities
- Tutor ages 10-13 in math and science
- Assist with group activities
- National Honor Society – 2004 to 2005
- Math Club Treasurer – 2004 to 2005
- L.C. Thomas High School
- Anticipated graduation in 2007
- Thomas Jefferson Junior High School
High School Student Resume Tips
The high school student resume allows you to cover a broad-based range of experience, education, volunteer work and education.