However, you can spice it up some by inserting some components from the functional resume format that will allow you to focus on your best skills.
Keep in mind that the traditional functional resume format should only be used under certain circumstances:·
Frequent periods of unemployment
Large number of jobs within a short period of time
Changing from one career field to another field
In the sample human resource resume below, the benefits of a chronological resume functional resume elements are clearly laid out.
In most cases a chronological resume works well when applying for professional positions. There are some instances however; e.g functional military resume format performs best.
Resume Sample For Human Resources
2567 Westwood Circle, Portland, OR 55555
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Human resources professional with both supervisory and general experience.
- Background in both non-profit and corporate environments.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Benefits Management
- Recruiting and Staffing
- Legal Compliance
- Policy Development
- Performance Management
- HRIS Administration
Harmony, Trenton, NJ 2003 to Present
- Advise senior management regarding employee compliance while recommending solutions
- Enforce company policies
- Prepare employee performance evaluations
- Manage benefit plans, policies and procedures
- Present new hire orientation
- Interview applicants
- Complete background checks
James and Smith, Inc. Newark, NJ 2001 to 2003
Human Resource Coordinator
- Responded to employee relations issues
- Developed employee recognition programs
- Conducted internal investigations
- Administered employee benefits including medical, vision, dental, disability, life insurance, workers compensation, COBRA and FMLA
- Conducted exit interviews
- Recruited for open positions, conducted interviews and background checks
- Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Management / Human Resources
- Pursuing Master of Science in Administration with a concentration in Human Resources Management at Cornell
- University, New York, NY
Human Resources Resume Tips
A chronological human resource resume format gives you the ability to focus on strong professional experience and education.
By adding elements from the functional resume format you also gain the ability to highlight relevant skills as well that may give you an edge in the human resources field.