Janitorial Resume Samples – The functional resume format is the best format to use when writing a janitorial resume.
This resume format focuses strongly on skills, important for in this career industry.
In the sample janitors resume below the job seeker has used a highlights of qualification section to draw attention to the fact that he has supervisory experience.
Skills are broken down into categories and the emphasis on managerial and supervisory experience continues with this section listed first.
Note in the sample janitorial resume below the applicant has also included an Additional Information section. In this case the applicant has noted he has current CPR training which would be an advantage in a variety of setting, including school settings.
Resume Sample For Janitorial Jobs
3416 Gates Avenue
Boston, MA 55555
To secure a janitorial position which will allow me to utilize the skills acquired during 20+ years experience in the field.
Highlights of Qualifications
- 15+ years experience in various public schools
- Supervisory experience managing three-man crew during night shift
- Assign duties to multi-member crew
- Develop work schedules
- Notified management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- Servicing complaints and special cleaning requests.
- Work to and maintain a safe working environment.
- Perform daily checks for cleanliness and completed assignments.
- Maintaining janitorial closets neat and orderly.
Cleaning and Maintenance of Large Facilities
- Kept office building in clean and orderly condition and tended furnace, air-conditioner and boiler to provide heat, cool air and hot water for tenants.
- Regulated flow of fuel into automatic furnace.
- Emptied tenants’ trash and garbage containers.
- Maintained building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Replaced air-conditioner filters.
- Cleaned snow and debris from sidewalk.
- Mowed lawn, trimmed shrubbery and cultivated flowers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Clean and sanitize restroom fixtures and counter tops.
- Stocking, supplying and refilling all paper products.
- Swept, mopped, scrubbed and vacuumed hallways, stairs and office space.
- Utilize a variety of floor care tools including vacuums, steamers, sanders, etc.
- Lindale Public Elementary School, Boston, MA – Head Janitor 2000 – Present
- Jackson Heights Elementary School, Boston, MA – Janitor 1991 to 2000
- The Towers Apartments, Boston, MA, Janitor – 1984 to 1991
- JFK High School – Boston, MA
- Current CPR Training
Janitorial Resume Tips
The applicant might also wish to enter any safety awards or commendations they have received for work well done in this section.