The law enforcement resume example below is based on a chronological resume format, although it does combine some features from other resume formats.
Instead of an objective statement, this resume includes a strong summary statement featuring information regarding the applicant’s accomplishments and experience.
This type of resume is suitable for an applicant seeking advancement in the law enforcement field.
The sample law enforcement resume above also allows for room to add other categories.
These categories might include security clearance information and technical skills.
Resume Sample For Law Enforcement Jobs
2349 Orchid Lane
Highly decorated law enforcement professional with more than 15 years experience. Extensive background in weapons trafficking investigation, drug enforcement, electronic surveillance and covert operations.
Highly successful and consistent record of investigations, arrests and convictions. Knowledgeable in search and seizure and crime prevention. Familiar with preparing and delivering testimony. Often serve as an expert witness.
Houston Police Department; Houston, TX – 1994 to Present
- Responsible for investigation of weapons and drug trafficking offenses
- Conduct undercover and electronic surveillance, search and seizure actions
- Execute search and arrest warrants
- Act as unit evidence custodian
- Participated in more than $10 million in seized assets, 300 arrests and convictions
- Played major role in investigation and capture of major drug trafficker. Arranged and executed 15 searches.
- Recovered $4million in assets and $650,000 in funds. Seized more than 8,000 kilograms of heroine
Houston Police Department; Houston, TX – 1991 to 1994
- Achieved more than 40 major arrests in less than three years with 99% conviction rate
- Performed search and seizure activities as well as covert surveillance
- Provided testimony in both federal and state court cases
Houston Police Department; Houston, TX – 1990 to 1991
- Served as patrol officer
- B.S. in Criminal Justice, Rice University; Houston, Texas
- Houston Police Academy; Graduate
- A.A., Houston Community College
Professional Development and Training
- Low light video, National Association of Technical Investigators
- Interview and Interrogation Course
Awards and Recognitions
- Officer of the Month, Houston Police Department
- Exceptional Service Award, Houston Police Department
- Letter of Commendation for work performed in drug trafficking investigation
Law Enforcement Resume Tips
Applicant might also wish to include such information as professional associations and memberships or community involvement.
This information can be particularly beneficial when applying for an advancement or promotion.