In the lawyers resume example below the applicant has included a personal section at the beginning of the resume that highlights experience.
The resume continues with an emphasis on the courses the applicant is currently teaching.
This is important if the applicant plans to continue seeking an academic career rather than a practicing law career.
In the lawyers resume template above the applicant has also included information about the specific areas of the law he specialized in during private practice.
This section could be important when applying either for a teaching position or a position practicing law.
Resume Sample For Lawyers
4256 Sunny Lane
Jacksonville, FL 55555
Professional teaching position on a tenure track
- Professor of Law – University of Florida -1998 to Present
- Associate Professor – University of Florida -1994 to 1998
- Visiting Professor of Law – University of Florida School of Law; Spring 1993
- Practicing Attorney, 1980 to 1993
- Admitted to Florida Bar, 1980
- A.B., summa cum laude, University of Florida, 1976
- J.D., with honors, University of Florida, 1980
- M.A., Political Science, University of Florida
- Courses Teaching at University of Florida
- Constitutional Law I and II
- Freedom of Speech and Press
- American Legal History
- Criminal Law
- Civil Liberties, free speech
- Torts and products liability
- Employment discrimination cases
- Chair, Constitutional law Section, Association of American Law Schools, 2003 to 2004
- Member, American Society for Legal History
- American Bar Associations
- Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers
Professional Employment History
- Professor of Law, University of Florida School of Law; 1998 to Present
- Associate Professor, University of Florida School of Law; 1994 to 1998
- Visiting Professor, University of Florida School of Law; Spring, 1993
- Partner at Jordan, Jordan and Ellington, 1985 to1996; general trial practice, libel, tort, civil liberties.
Lawyers Resume Tips
A professional activities section has also been included detailing offices held in relevant organizations and any other related information.