The chronological resume format allows the applicant to do this.
The legal secretary resume example below is written using this format.
Note the applicant begins with a strong objective statement and also includes a summary of qualifications.
The sample legal secretary resume above focuses heavily on professional information by including this data first.
The resume concludes with information regarding the applicant’s education.
Resume Sample For a Legal Secretary
Mary Jo Shelby
2356 Peachtree Lane
Atlanta, GA 55555
A position as a legal secretary that will fully utilize my skills
Summary of Qualifications:
- Highly qualified with 10+ years experience.
- Excellent ability to multitask, work well under pressure and prioritize.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal court rules and procedures.
- Typing skills 85+ words per minute.
Smith, Kirby & Weston – Atlanta, GA
Legal Secretary, Sep 2001 to Present
- Head assistant to three senior partners
- Responsible for preparation of legal documentation, court filings, scheduling depositions and heavy filing
- Notary Public
Whittington and Whittington – Atlanta, GA
Legal Secretary, 1993 to 2001
- Prepare legal papers and correspondence of legal nature, such as summonses, motions, subpoenas, complaints, etc.
- Reviewed law journals and other legal publications to identify court decisions pertinent to pending cases
- Manage attorney calendars and travel plans
- Maintain docketing system and legal library
- Responsible for ordering supplies, bill paying, tax deposits and quarterly tax reports
- A.A. – Business Administration
- Atlanta Community College; Atlanta, GA
Legal Secretary Resume Tips
If the applicant wished they could also include additional training information, such as continuing education, under the Education section. This would make an impressive addition.