This resume format highlights both nicely.
A section on community involvement would also be quite appropriate for this field.
The librarians resume example below is written using this format.
Note the resume begins with a strong objective statement.
In addition, the sample librarian resume below allows sufficient room to include information regarding associations and professional memberships.
Remember that strong ties to the community is an advantage in this field.
Resume Sample For Librarians
Sarah Elizabeth Wetherly
2345 Cobb Lane
Midtown, MA 55555
A challenging and rewarding position as a librarian
Midtown Public Library – Midtown, MA
Head Librarian, Aug 2001 to Present
- Maintained the library’s collections of books, serial publications, documents, audio visual and other materials
- Supervised a staff of four assistants
- Handled grand writing responsibilities
- Spearheaded library expansion projects
- Conducted acquisitions of reference materials
- Directed Children’s Summer Reading Program
- Selected, ordered, cataloged and classified materials
- Prepared budget
- Planned, directed and carried out special projects involving library promotion
Fenton Avenue Public Library – Boston, MA
Reference Librarian, 1996 to 2001
- Assisted groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials
- Furnished information on library activities,facilities, rules and services
- Explained and assisted in the use of reference sources, such as card catalog, book and periodical indices to locate information
- Described and demonstrated procedures for searching catalog files
- Assembled and arranged displays of books and other library materials
- Maintained reference and circulation materials
- Answered correspondence on special reference subjects
- Compiled list of library materials according to subject and interests
- University of Massachusetts; Boston, MA
- B.A., Library Sciences
Librarians Resume Tips