This format allows you to focus on strong education and work experience qualities, while the functional resume format is better used when you wish to highlight skills.
The functional resume format should only be used when applying in this field under limited conditions:
- Changing careers
- Frequently change jobs
- Frequent periods of unemployment
The following sample logistics resume is based on these principles.
Resume Sample For Logistics
3649 Elmwood Street · Norfolk, VA 55555
THE HUNTER CORPORATION, Norfolk,VA 2003 to Present
Operational Logistics Manager
- Direct daily operations while maintaining full responsibility for operational performance, shipping and receiving and asset security.
- Supervise and coordinated unloading of shipments
- Ensure quality control for outbound shipments
- Coordinate returns for damaged products
- Maintain inventory count of all products
- Schedule, hire, train and supervise staff and volunteer
BTF SYSTEMS, Norfolk, VA 2000 to 2003
- Oversee logistics,safety and quality for $300 million program
- Served a liaison with transportation and environmental departments
- Conducted inventories using up to date technology
- Developed tracking system to better account for inbound and outbound inventory
BENTON & BENTON, Norfolk, VA 1995-2000
- Coordinated supply chain from raw material to final delivery
- Supervised distribution of products to 4 distribution centers
- Resolved operational deficiencies for better customer service
U.S. NAVY, Norfolk, VA 1974-1994
Logistics Staff Office
- Coordinated wartime logistics support, including equipment and resupply
- Executed coalition logistics programs
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems
- University of Virginia Logistics Acquisition – U.S. Navy
Logistics Resume Tips
The chronological resume format allows the applicant to include all relevant data.
This could also include other important information such as honors and awards.