Only under select conditions should a functional resume format be utilized.
A new graduate or an individual returning to the field might consider using a functional resume format instead.
The medical resume example below is written using a chronological resume format.
The sample medical assistant resume above allows the job applicant to focus on strong professional experience and education.
Keep in mind the functional resume focuses on skills; however, does not typically demonstrate strong continuous work experience.
Resume Sample For Medical Jobs
2359 Honeycut Circle
Kenosha, WI 55555
Challenging position as a medical assistant in a busy medical office
Dr. William Sutton – Kenosha, WI
Medical Assistant, Sep 2003 to Present
- Assist in the examination and treatment of patients
- Measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height
- Record information on charts
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Position instruments and equipment
- Hand instruments and materials to doctor as directed
Kenosha Medical Clinic – Kenosha, WI
Medical Assistant, 2001 to 2003
- Cleaned and sterilized instruments
- Inventoried and ordered medical supplies and materials
- Gave injections and treatments
- Performed routine laboratory tests
- Scheduled appointments
- Kenosha Community College
- Medical Assisting Program – graduate
Medical Resume Tips
The job applicant could also list other sections of interest on this resume format such as notable accomplishments, honors and awards.