This is because this type of resume is best suited when focusing on experience and education rather than direct skills.
As careers in the mortgage industry tend to require a strong combination of experience and education, this makes the chronological resume format the best choice.
The mortgage resume example below is written utilizing this format.
Note the sample mortgage resume begins with an objective statement and then follows up with a Highlights section.
The Highlights section is utilized to draw the prospective employer’s attention to the candidate’s strongest abilities and skills.
A chronological resume format focuses on experience and education, unlike the functional format, which focuses on skills.
This is clearly shown in the chronological purchashing agents resume.
Resume Sample For Mortgage Advisors
2909 Maple Lane
Santa Ana,CA 55555
Mortgage Loan Underwriter
- Excellent attention to detail, with very low error rate.
- Able to learn new processes and technologies easily.
- Work well independently and in team situations.
Montgomery and Associates, Santa Ana, CA
Mortgage Loan Underwriter – Aug 2000 to Present
- Approved and denied mortgage loans, following mortgage standards.
- Reviewed information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property and loan conditions met establishment and government standards.
- Evaluated acceptability of loans to corporations that bought real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets, where existing mortgages were bought and sold by investors.
- Approved and rejected loan applications and requested additional information.
California Mortgage Bankers, Los Angeles, CA
Mortgage Loan Underwriter – 1998 to 2000
- Recorded loan rejection, specifying investor, institutional guidelines and basis for declining application, such as insufficient cash reserves.
- Assembled documents in loan file, including acceptance or denial and returned file to originating mortgage loan office.
- Authorized by federal agency to certify that mortgage loan applicant and property qualified for mortgage insurance endorsement from federal government.
City Bank, Los Angeles, CA
Teller – 1996 to 1998
- Kept custody of funds and made cash deposits and withdrawals from bank accounts.
- Received and disbursed funds from and to customers via cash, treasury checks and traveler’s checks.
- Reorganized and maintained inactive files.
- Distributed mail and answered office phones.
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor of Arts – Business Administration
Mortgage Resume Tips
Be aware that it is best to always list the most important job duties and responsibilities first under each professional experience section.