This is because the functional resume allows the candidate to focus on skills and abilities rather than focusing on work experience which could be limited.
The paralegal resume template below utilizes how to best use the functional resume format.
If an individual has more relevant work experience he or she may wish to use a combination resume format.
Note the applicant begins the paralegal resume example with a Highlights of Qualifications section.
The applicant’s strongest skills can be identified in this section.
Resume Sample For Paralegal Jobs
3900 Elmwood Street
Los Angeles,CA 55555
Entry Level Paralegal Employment
Highlights of Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Work well in a team setting as well as collaboratively with legal staff and attorneys
- Experienced in scheduling, preparing for and assisting with depositions, legal discovery and other court administrative duties
- Paralegal Certificate: Los Angeles College of Paralegal Studies-approved by the California Department of Education
- Affiliate member of the American Association of Paralegal Education
- Courses Taken include: Civil Litigation, Family Law, wills, Probate Administration, discovery, Trusts, Legal Research and Legal Writing.
Legal Research & Writing
- Write legal memoranda, Interrogatories, Deposition Summaries and briefs.
- Participate with attorneys in trials and depositions
- Use legal research resources to research law
- Experience organizing files, deposition and interrogatory schedules for multiple attorneys and time calendars.
- MS Word
- Power Point
- 2005 to Present Paralegal – Westin, Tracy & Jones
- 2003 to 2005 – Student, College Paralegal Studies Program
- 2002 – Provider, Little Children Day Care Program
Paralegal Resume Tips
Applicants may also wish to include other sections such as notable accomplishments.
Including such information can give an applicant a competitive edge over other candidates.