If the applicant has extensive publication credit and is interested in a research position he or she may wish to use a curriculum vitae resume format.
The following pediatricians resume example is based on a chronological resume format.
The resume focuses strongly on professional experience and education.
The sample pediatricians resume above also allows sufficient space for other important information such as accomplishments, honors and awards.
The applicant may also wish to wish relevant information such as other volunteer positions.
Resume Sample For Pediatricians
2356 Roseland Court
Durham, NC 55555
Pediatrics position at a teaching hospital
Summary of Qualifications
- 20 years professional experience in Pediatrics
- Current Senior Resident – Durham Medical Center
- Board Eligible in General Pediatrics
2001 to Present
Senior Resident – Durham Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Monitored intensive care, emergency room patients
- Supervised staff of 10 residents, interns and medical students
1973 to 2000
Pediatrician – Asheville Children’s Clinic
- Established and developed health care delivery practice for infants and children.
- Directed a staff of 25 nurses and administrative support personnel
- Provided services for approximately 3,500 families
- Asheville Children’s Hospital; Asheville, North Carolina
- Pediatric Internship / Residency 1971 to 1974
Duke University; Durham, North Carolina
- Doctor of Medicine,1971
- BA, Biology, 1969
Professional Associations and Activities
- Member – American Medical Society
Pediatrician Resume Tips
The summary of qualifications section in this resume format allows the applicant to focus on strong skills and experience.
This can provide an edge in an industry that is likely to be highly competitive.