The pharmaceutical sales industry tends to prefer a focus more on experience and education rather than skills; which makes the chronological resume format the perfect choice.
Other resume format choices, such as the functional resume, provide more of a focus on skills and help to shift the focus from problem areas such as:
- Frequent periods of unemployment
- Large number of jobs within a short period of time
- Changing from one career field to another field
In the sample pharmaceutical sales resume below, the benefits of using a chronological resume format are clearly laid out.
Resume Sample For Pharmaceutical Sales
2358 Rosehaven Court, Linden, NJ 55555
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Top performing medical sales professional with a proven track record to develop new territory while increasing growth in existing territory through an effective combination of presentation, market penetration and planning.
A&E Medical Supply, Trenton,NJ – 2003 to Present
Regional Sales Manager
- Responsible for revenue growth in a 5 county area, including daily operations, staffing, budgeting, quality assurance, licensing and inventory control.
- Increased sales for three offices from $2 million in 2003 to $2.75 million in 2004 and $3.25 million in 2005
- Total region revenue expanded from $7.5 million to $9.2 million
- Negotiated and secured three new contracts, representing $300K over the next two years
Med Care, Newark, NJ – 2001 to 2003
- Demonstrated outstanding success in penetrating new markets, raising revenue by 15% in ten months.
- Organized and implemented a three week sales blitz; which increased sales by 35%
- Increased account base by 45% through assertive sales and consistent follow-up
- Established network of loyal buyers by developing rapport through customer support
- Instrumental in training new sales recruits
Reilly Pharmaceuticals; Newark, NJ – 1999 to 2000
- Successfully completed in-house training program on medical courses and sales training to become a member of an elite sales team dedicated to market penetration and customer support.
- Delivered effective sales presentations to buyers of pharmaceutical products
- Visited existing accounts to assure continued sales and establish loyal business relationships
- BSN, Cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- CNPR, National Association of Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives
Pharmaceutical Sales Resume Tips
A combination resume format gives you the ability to focus on strong professional experience and education.
It also provides an opportunity to list relevant information regarding licenses and certifications; which may be important for a pharmaceutical sales resume.