This resume format allows the job applicant to focus on a strong combination of experience and education.
In cases where the applicant has publication credit, a curriculum vitae resume format may be more appropriate.
The physician assistant resume example below utilizes a chronological resume format.
Note the use of the Summary of Qualifications section in the above physician assistant resume example above.
This allows the job applicant to provide critical information about their skills that could give them a competitive edge.
Resume Sample For Physician Assistants
1245 Tremont Circle
Austin, TX 55555
A physician assistant office position allowing for development and growth
Summary of Qualifications
- A 4-year undergraduate education in Pre-Medical Studies
- 1 year of intensive medical didactic coursework (approximately 55 graduate credits worth)
- 1 year of intensive clinical rotations, similar if not exactly the same as those experienced by 3rd and 4th year medical students.
- A graduate thesis, defense and research project.
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse group of staff, clients and professionals
- Function well in high-pressure environments
- Administrative and clerical abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to set and meet priorities
Polk Medical Associates – Austin, TX
Physician Assistant, 2001 to Present
- Assist in the examination and observation of patients
- Take case histories
- Conduct physical examinations
- Order laboratory studies
Office of Dr. J.K.Sutton – Austin, TX
Physician Assistant, 1998 to 2001
- Examined and treated patients
- Performed minor procedures and suturing
- Treated patients under supervision of physician
Austin Community Hospital – Austin, TX
Physician Assistant, 1996 to 1998
- Responsibilities included IV, splinting and suturing
- Duties included admission histories and physical examinations
- Responsible for daily rounds with attending physician
- Austin Community College; Austin, TX
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Physicians Assistant Resume Tips
Noting the specific type of job position or environment in the objective statement is always a good idea.