The chronological resume is the best format to use when writing a resume for a quality control supervisor.
The quality control resume example below is written using this format, which highlights experience very well.
Only in cases where the applicant has held a large number of
s in the recent past or when they do not have a lot of
relevant experience would it be best to use a functional resume format.
A combination resume could also be used in either situation.
If the applicant is applying for a management of supervisory position
he or she may also wish to include a highlights of qualifications
section just after the objective statement.
This can help
the prospective employer’s attention on the
applicant’s strongest qualifications and skills.
Resume Sample For Quality Control Jobs
||2001 to Present
- Inspected garments such as men's shirts
during manufacturing operations to determine number of defects per
worker and reasons for rejects by examiners.
- Cut swatches from bolts of fabric to
determine variations in dye lot shades.
- Counted number of pattern parts and lays
of cloth prior to cutting to ensure accuracy of cutting operation with
- Counted number of stitches per inch
during sewing operation to detect inconsistencies in sewing machine
- Tested strength of collar-stay fusion,
- Folded collars in half to detect
unevenness of attachment.
- Examined garment and parts for defects
such as unfinished raw edges, broken buttons and hooks, uneven stripes
and plaids, puckers in seams, loose threads and stitches and incorrect
- Recorded number and type of defects for
- Returned rejected part or garment to
department to be reworked.
||1998 to 2001
- Tested samples of wood products to
determine fiber content and strength, using test equipment and
- Gathered samples such as particle board
and wood shavings from production areas.
- Weighed wood shavings before and after
drying process and computed weight variances for cost analysis
purposes, using scales, calculators and formulas.
- Conducted pressure and strength tests on
particleboard to determine quality control standards such as moisture
content, strength and resistance.
- Recorded test results on company charts.
Little Rock High School
Little Rock, AR