This resume format allows the job seeker to focus on a strong employment history as well as education.
In some circumstances; however, it may be best to opt for another format, such as either the combination or the functional resume format.
These circumstances include:
- Frequently unemployed
- When changing career fields
- Significant number of jobs
In the sales resume sample below, the benefits of using a chronological resume format are clearly laid out.
Resume Sample For Sales Jobs
4344 Rosebud Court, Topeka, KS 55555
Telephone: 1-555-555-1212 Home
- Consistently top performing sales professional with a reputation for consistently meeting and exceeding quotas.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Highly capable in negotiation, presentation and closing.
Customer Inc., Topeka, KS 2004 to Present
Sales Account Executive
- Identified new market segments to expand customer base
- Instrumental in securing largest account in the last five years
- Achieved second largest productivity increase in the last two years
- Closed over 30 agreements ranging in value up to $550,000 each
Forums,Topeka, KS 2001 to 2004
- Selected and headed team to create new market driven programs that achieved 25% increase in productivity
- Established relationship with numerous Fortune 500 company executives to land several new multi-million dollar accounts
- Recruited, trained and directed sales efforts of 3 sales executives
- Bachelor of Science
- Business Administration
- University of Kansas
Sales Resume Tips
A chronological resume format gives you the ability to focus on key accomplishments within your prior work experience.
Additionally you have the opportunity to highlight on any strong education credentials.