Functional Or Chronological Format?
Your resume is one of the most important documents you will ever have to create and you should take the time and effort to make yours do you justice.
The functional resume format gives the job seeker the opportunity to focus on skills rather than education and experience, as is the case with the chronological resume.
A combination resume; however, provides the opportunity to utilize benefits of both formats, as is the case with the sample secretary resume below.
The combination resume format places emphasis on skills as well as education and experience. The job seeker also has the opportunity to include other relevant information such as awards and certifications with the combination secretary resume.
Resume Sample For Secretary Jobs
2815 Covington Lane
Telephone: 1-555-555-1212 Home
Dependable, confident secretarial professional with progressive experience in office management.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP
- File Management
- Stenography(80 WPM)
- 85 WPM
- Records Management
Hutton,Inc., Branson, MO 2003 to Present
- Responsible for various aspects related to administrative functions of this 20 team member office.
- Take and transcribe dictation, type correspondence, greet visitors, answer telephone calls, coordinate conferences and meetings.
Taylor and Sons, Branson, MO 2000 to 2003
- Responsible for all incoming correspondence and determining proper direction and action for incoming mail.
- Answered telephone, greeted customers, answered questions and directed customers to appropriate staff member.
- Resolved customer service complaints.
- Organized and maintained files and records.
Branson Materials,Inc., Branson, MO 1998 to 2000
- Directed telephone inquiries, prepared and filed reports and greeted customers.
- Branson Community College; Branson, MO
- A.A. Business Administration
Secretary Resumes Tips
These days there is a lot of competition for secretarial type jobs, including personal assistant positions.
To give yourself the best chance of getting invited to the all important job interview, you need to write a resume that makes you stand out from your competitors.
Using a sample secretary resume can be helpful if used correctly. You need to understand the reasons behind the sample layout before you can successfully adapt it for your own resume.