This resume focuses strongly on experience and education, two important requirements for entry into this field.
Note that the social services resume template below begins with a strong objective statement which specifies the type of work that interests the applicant.
A Highlights of Qualifications sections focuses on the applicant’s strongest skills and abilities.
The Highlights of Qualifications section also allows the candidate to focus on skills that are specifically related to his objective of gaining a position in the social services field.
This can be beneficial if you are seeking a position that is very concentrated.
Resume Sample For Social Services
Margaret Beckington, MSW
2900 Harbor View Rd
Boston, MA 55555
Dedicated service focused social services worker with a strong commitment to serving the needs of disadvantaged youth.
Highlights of Qualifications
- Skilled in developing and maintaining strong community alliances
- Outstanding case management abilities, efficiently handling a case load up to 80
- Strong combination of experience and education – more than 20 years and MSW
Horizon Family Services – Boston, MA
Social Services Caseworker, 2001 to Present
- Aided individuals and families having problems concerning family relationships and other aspects of their social functioning affecting unity of family and welfare of community.
- Counseled clients on problems, such as unsatisfactory relationships between marriage partners and between parents and children.
- Counseled clients on problems, such as unwed parenthood, home management, work adjustment, vocational training and need for financial assistance.
- Counseled clients on problems, such as care of the ill, handicapped and aged, care of other family members at time of physical and / or mental illness.
Dept of Children and Family Services – Boston, MA
Social Services Caseworker, 1985 to 2000
- Counseled clients on problems, such as desertion of parent or difficulties encountered in travel or stabilization in new community.
- Helped clients to use agency’s services, such as homemaker, day care and other community resources.
- Ascertained client eligibility for financial assistance, determined amount of grant and assumed responsibility for services rendered.
- Assisted travelers, runaways, migrants, transients, refugees, repatriated Americans and problem families drifting from community to community, encountering difficulty in traveling or needing help toward stabilization.
- 1987 – University of Massachusetts
- Master’s Degree – Master of Social Work MS
- 1985 – University of Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s Degree – BA in Psychology
- National Association of Social Workers
Social Services Resume Tips
In the social services resume example above, the applicant has also included a section on professional affiliation.