This format allows the job seeker to focus on education and experience, the two most important aspects of the software sales industry.
Only under special circumstances should the functional resume format be used, such as:
- Frequently unemployed
- When changing career fields
- Significant number of jobs
In the sample software sales resume below, the benefits of using a chronological resume format are clearly laid out.
Experience in specific types of software or other specialized skills should be highlighted.
Resume Sample For Software Sales
White Plains, NY 55555
Telephone: 1-555-555-1212 Home
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Top performing software sales professional with a proven track record capable of developing new territory
- Increasing existing territory utilizing excellent planning skills in combination with market penetration techniques.
- Consistently able to create strategic business relationships.
- Recruited, trained, mentored and managed teams of up to 30 sales professionals.
Power 8, Albany, NY 2003 to Present
- Drove Albany market quota sales
- Established multi-million dollar accounts within first six months
- Developed, trained and launched field sales organization that bolstered revenue from $1M to $5M within 12 months
- Closed over 30 licensing agreements valued from $150,000 to $750,000 each
Medi Soft, NY 2001 to 2003
- Attained $15M revenue across two client accounts
- Closed two new $3M contracts and maintained client satisfaction through problem resolution
- Closed an e-business deal with a $10M revenue potential
- Recruited, trained and directed sales efforts of 5 sales executives
- Established strategic business alliances with partners in a four county area worth $5M
- Bachelor of Science; Computer Science
- Minor in Marketing – NYU
Software Sales Resume Tips
A chronological resume format gives you the ability to focus on key accomplishments within your prior work experience as well as strong education credentials.