Both of these resume format focus on skills, critical for entry into this field.
Note the sports industry resume template below begins with a strong objective statement which specifies exactly the type of work that the applicant is interested in.
A Highlights of Qualifications sections focuses on the applicant’s strongest skills as well as his prior professional sports experience, both of which are very important when trying to land this type of job.
The Highlights of Qualifications section also allows the candidate to focus on skills that are specifically related to his objective of gaining a position in the sports industry.
This can be beneficial if you are seeking a position that is very concentrated.
Resume Sample For Sports Industry
2390 West Piedmont
Dallas, TX 55555
Professional sports scout
Highlights of Qualifications
- NFL Professional Career Record Holder
- Skilled with industry contacts
- Excellent negotiation skills
Houston Texas – Houston, TX
Professional Sports Scout, 2003 to Present
- Evaluated athletic skills in selected athletes in order to determine fitness and the potential for playing professional sports.
- Negotiated with athletes in order to obtain services.
- Reviewed prospects’ exhibitions and past performance records.
- Arranged contracts.
- Reported to team management results of scouting assignments.
- Reported selection and rejection of scouted persons and areas sighted for future recruitment.
Quarterback for the San Antonio Heat
From 1990 to 2002
- Hold record for most touchdown passes in a single season.
- Threw 383 touchdowns in a 12 year career
- Threw for a total 42,435 yards
Played Quarterback for the University of Texas
- Setting a record for passing and touchdowns.
- Selected first overall in the 1990 draft by the San Antonio Heat
- University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. – Liberal Arts
- National Association of Professional Athletes
Sports Industry Resume Tips
In the sports industry resume example above the applicant has also included a section on professional affiliations and certifications.
This can provide an edge in a highly competitive industry.