In most regions you must have passed a state required test in order to work as a professional undertaker.
The chronological resume works well for this purpose and is the format used in the undertakers resume template below.
Please note in the undertakers resume example above the applicant has included important affiliation and membership information.
The applicant might also wish to include other important information such as community and civic involvement as well, as the applicant in the resume above has done.
Resume Sample For Undertakers
2900 Peachtree Lane
Atlanta, GA 55555
Funeral Director position with a family atmosphere funeral home
Jacobs and Jacobs Funeral Home – Atlanta, GA
Funeral Director, 2002 to Present
- Arranged and directed funeral services.
- Coordinated activities of workers to remove body to mortuary for embalming.
- Interviewed family to arrange details such as preparation of obituary notice and selection of urn or casket
- Determination of location and time of cremation or burial
- Selection of official for religious rites and transportation for mourners
- Planned placement of casket in parlor or chapel and adjusted lights, fixtures and floral displays
- Directed placement and removal of casket from hearse
- Closed casket and lead funeral cortege to church or burial site
- Directed preparations and shipment of body for out-of-state burial.
- Prepared body for interment.
Atlanta Memorial Funeral Home – Atlanta, GA
Crematory Operator Trainee, 2000 to 2002
- Made removal of bodies
- Assisted with funeral services
- Trained to operate and maintain crematory and equipment
- Worked closely with funeral directors and prep room staff
- Atlanta MortuarySchool – Atlanta, GA
- Licensed by the State of Georgia
- National Funeral Directors Association
- Georgia Funeral Directors Association
- Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
Undertakers Resume Tips
In the sample provided, notice how he has additionally included important information regarding licensure.